CHI is looking for an experienced Project Manager/Senior Engineer to join our growing team in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a supportive team environment. If you have extensive experience in Engineering and Project Management we encourage you to submit your resume!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles client relationship development, project execution, schedule management, project engineering and project startup and closure.
- Designs and manages all aspects of liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects, including liquefaction, storage, truck transfer and vaporization of LNG.
- Reports to senior management and project teams on project status, budget and schedule.
- Authors design, procurements and operations specifications for equipment and systems.
- Fields commissioning and troubleshooting of LNG plant startup and operations.
- Systematically analyzes piping stress, pressure vessel nozzles, vapor dispersions and thermal radiation.
- Reviews calculations, equipment specifications, requisitions and drawings.
- Maintains technical proficiency and code expertise in the LNG field (49CFR193, NFPA 59A, ASME B31.3, BPVC Section VIII).
- Develops cost estimates and proposals in response to client requests.
- Develops drawings for fabrication and construction of plant piping and equipment systems. This may include interdisciplinary work with civil, electrical, process and controls project groups to optimize design.
- Travels to sites approximately 10–15 percent of the time.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors and co-workers
- Experience in design of cryogenic, natural gas, petrochemical, oil or power systems
- Prior work specifying pumps, compressors, valves, heat exchangers, heaters, coolers, boilers or pressure vessels
- Site or field experience installing, operating or troubleshooting equipment
- Ability to set priorities, to be self-disciplined and consistent
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office and MS Project
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, and co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering; PE preferred
- 15+ years’ experience
- Hands-on experience in the field/at sites highly preferred
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include:
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.