At CHI, the Mechanical Piping/CAD Designer prepares, checks and reviews working plans, detail drawings and specifications for the layout, construction and operation of LNG plant equipment, mechanical systems and natural gas gate stations. This role will be under the direct supervision of a CAD manager, project engineer or project manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of 3D construction/layout drawings of plant mechanical equipment.
- Construction/fabrication drawings for plant piping systems to include large and small bore underground/above ground piping, structures, equipment location and P&ID drawings.
- Development of piping isometrics.
- Coordinate mechanical/piping designs with civil and electrical/I&C disciplines.
- Schedule day-to-day activities and mentor Junior Mechanical/Piping CAD personnel.
- Review/compare mechanical/piping drawings against P&ID’s for accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize and review/check various pieces of process equipment, engineering practices, specifications, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Make any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Maintain or develop new project drawing files for all related drawings in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Use computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software. Proficient in both 2D and 3D CAD drafting.
- Review, critique and develop standard CAD practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D design software.
- CADWorx design software a major plus.
- MS Excel and MS Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience
- 8 to 15 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some supervisory experience is a plus.
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include:
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.