Our Portsmouth, New Hampshire office is growing! CHI Engineering is looking for Instrument and Controls Engineers with experience in the LNG industry. We offer competitive salaries, health benefits, a supportive team environment and many other benefits. If you have the experience, we encourage you to apply now!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to travel (80-90%) locally and nationally for short and/or long-term assignments.
- Ability to read and redline Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) required.
- Ability to read and modify electrical schematics required.
- Ability to direct and train workers to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures required.
- Ability to bend and run conduit a major plus.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure proper operation and safety of system.
- Install/wire cables, harnesses per engineered drawings, wire diagrams, drawings and special instructions.
- Evaluate and suggest changes or improvements to engineering drawings as required.
- Represent the company at the customer site with frequent interaction with clients and vendors.
- Detail-oriented with great attention to the small details and rigorous documentation of “as built” records.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing as required by the industry.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Familiarity with industrial process equipment such as transmitters, HART communication devices, control valves, and PLCs is required.
- Good interpersonal skills are a must.
- 5+ years of electrical, mechanical, process and/or controls installation/troubleshooting experience.
- Experience in LNG, LPG and/or natural gas is preferred, but applicable non-gas, industrial or utility experience will be considered.
- Experience in electrical hazardous area equipment installation a plus.
- Experience with Rockwell PLC programming and or troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix systems is preferred.
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include:
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.