CHI Engineering is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing team in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a supportive team environment. We encourage those with experience in hazardous areas electrical classifications and a thorough knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) to apply.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes. Prepares and/or directs CAD department to produce thorough engineering documentation to record these designs. Contributes to the material procurement process by preparing specifications and reviewing vendors’ quotations for technical accuracy
- Designs and assists in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products. Prepares test programs by designing experiments, conducts or directs these experiments, gathers and evaluates test data and writes test reports
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new industrial uses
- Directs and participates in activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Directs, coordinates and participates in operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with hazardous areas electrical classifications a must. Comfortable and familiar with voltages up to 480V and medium voltage installations
- Knowledge and familiarity with process controls, Variable Speed Drives (VFD) and Soft Starts (SS) a definite plus
- Interact with CHI field personnel and customers at project sites
- Use prepared engineering documents as part of complete bid package to allow contractors to bid accurately. Analyze returning bids for completeness and pricing. Select and approve contractors
- Thorough knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC). Other NFPA codes familiarity a plus especially NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) from four-year college or university
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.