Construction Supervisors are integral to the progress and success of every project. Our expanding Portsmouth, New Hampshire, office is looking for individuals with experience in LNG, natural gas, petrochemical, or the oil industry to join our team. If you fit the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates specifications, project plans and procedures which are used to establish work schedules and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Determines the need and coordinates with purchasing and engineering for procurement and delivery of tools, equipment, and materials, and to conform to work schedules.
- Assures that items received at the job site are in accordance with purchase orders and are tracked and received in Deltek.
- Direct and supervise personnel and subcontractors by interpreting plans and specifications, and assure that they are executing their assigned work in accordance with those documents, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Manages inspectors, subcontractors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to drawings and specifications and progress adheres to construction schedules.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules, regulations as well as the CHI Safety Manual and client site specific requirements.
- Inspects CHI Engineering’s facilities or the construction site to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards. Determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure the corrective measures have been implemented.
- Assists in the development of procedures and supervises the implementation of those procedures to perform work in site-specific hazardous environments.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Acts as CHI spokesperson interfacing with concerned, client, public and regulatory officials.
- Assists in procuring construction permits and municipal/county/federal inspections.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors and co-workers.
- Experience in the LNG, natural gas, petrochemical, or oil industry.
- Knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include:
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.