At CHI, we’re not just passionately focused on our clients — we’re also fully committed to the success of each and every one of our employees. As the demand for engineering careers grows, we’re always looking for motivated people we can collaborate and innovate with. This translates into tremendous opportunities, both within our company and as a professional in the engineering/CAD/construction fields.
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include:
Health & Dental
Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Delta Dental.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee-paid health and dependent care FSA.
Life and AD&D Insurance
Basic and additional plans are available for employees, spouses and dependents.
Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability
CHI pays the premium for each disability plan.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Employees receive PTO hours based on their length of employment.
CHI recognizes nine paid holidays.
ADP 401(k) or Roth Retirement Plans with company match.
Discretionary plans with varying payout dates and amounts.
Aspiring Leadership Program
Career roadmaps for motivated potential leaders.
Motivate, Collaborate, Innovate
At CHI, not only are we focused on our clients, we are focused on the success of each of our employees as well. The demand for LNG careers is growing, which translates into tremendous opportunities, both within the company and as an individual in the Engineering/CAD/Construction fields. We are always looking for new motivated people we can collaborate and innovate with.
Great Benefits and Perks
CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive wages and excellent benefits that include: Health, Dental, Flexible Spending Account, Save On Program, Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance, PTO, Holidays, a 401k Plan and Profit Sharing.
Growth and Targeted Career Path
At CHI, we offer our employees an LNG career roadmap outlining how to get to the next level, as well as an Aspiring Leadership Program for those motivated self-starters that are identified as potential leaders for LNG management opportunities.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
We are committed to supporting our community. We host volunteer days with local organizations such as the Special Olympics of New Hampshire and Habitat for Humanity. We have donated to various organizations including the United Way and the Epilepsy Foundation and are continually looking for new ways to give back.
EMPLOYEE VALUE AND OPPORTUNITY
Each employee contributes directly to the company’s success and everyone at CHI is integral in influencing how the company is run. All employees have the opportunity to work in multiple capacities, from the conceptual process and pre-design work, through the design process and then to participation in commissioning and startup of the facility. CHI employees are part of the process throughout a project’s entire lifecycle.
Fun company Lifestyle
CHI has a strong team environment, both inside the workplace and out. At work, collaboration is encouraged. We do what it takes to get the job done. With that said, we also encourage fun and bonding! Employees enjoy ice cream socials, Friday morning pastries, summer lunchtime cookouts and the CHI Yankee Swap. Outside of work, we gather for golf tournaments, baseball games, boat rides and an annual Holiday Party.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, checks and reviews working plans, detail drawings and specifications for layout and construction of site foundations, structural steel and underground utilities while under direct supervision of the CAD manager, civil CAD lead, project engineer or project manager.
- Develops 2D and 3D construction/layout drawings for site grading/drainage/permit drawings.
- Coordinates civil and structural designs with mechanical and electrical/I&C disciplines.
- Reviews and compares civil/structural subcontractor drawings against base models for accuracy and completeness.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Maintains or develops new project drawing files for all related drawings in accordance with company standards and procedures.
- Understands and follows standard CAD practices and procedures
- Uses (CAD) equipment and software. Proficient in both 2D and 3D CAD drafting as well as AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- While this position is primarily a CAD position, exposure to the following will be beneficial: field survey, total station or transit (auto level) experience, site plan development, construction layout.
- Works in a collaborative environment made up of civil, mechanical and electrical engineers and designers. A short exhibition of the candidate’s civil 3D capabilities will be required.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D Design software
- MS Excel Spreadsheet software
- MS Word Processing software
- Laser scan/point cloud (Kubit/PointSense, Leica) experience a plus
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates specifications, project plans and procedures which are used to establish work schedules and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Determines the need and coordinates with purchasing and engineering for procurement and delivery of tools, equipment, and materials, and to conform to work schedules.
- Assures that items received at the job site are in accordance with purchase orders and are tracked and received in Deltek.
- Direct and supervise personnel and subcontractors by interpreting plans and specifications, and assure that they are executing their assigned work in accordance with those documents, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Manages inspectors, subcontractors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to drawings and specifications and progress adheres to construction schedules.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules, regulations as well as the CHI Safety Manual and client site specific requirements.
- Inspects CHI Engineering’s facilities or the construction site to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards. Determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure the corrective measures have been implemented.
- Assists in the development of procedures and supervises the implementation of those procedures to perform work in site-specific hazardous environments.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Acts as CHI spokesperson interfacing with concerned, client, public and regulatory officials.
- Assists in procuring construction permits and municipal/county/federal inspections.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors and co-workers.
- Experience in the LNG, natural gas, petrochemical, oil, or power system industry.
- Knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.